August 1-5, 2022
9:00am - 4:30pm
CU Denver, College of Architecture and Planning
Architecture in the City is a summer, noncredit program offered by the College of Architecture and Planning. This is an interdisciplinary program designed for students entering their sophomore, junior and senior year of high school and recent high school graduates. The week-long-camp will give participants the opportunity for a hands-on experience in model building and drawing techniques while exposing them to architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, and urban planning through a design build project. This commuter program will be offered at the CU Denver campus during the day, Monday through Friday. Participants with and without design backgrounds are encouraged to join.
- Program led by experienced College of Architecture and Planning faculty, student teaching assistants, and licensed architects
- Sketching and building of small-scale models
- The opportunity to work in architectural design software
- The opportunity to use tools and machinery
- Designing, planning and fabrication of a project
- Firm and Site visits
- Admissions events with current students
- The opportunity to meet and work with students from all over Colorado
Design Build Project
Past projects have included rooftop furniture and indoor furnishings and installations for the College of Architecture and Planning, outdoor workspaces along the Cherry Creek Path, and more.
Registration is $550 per student, including a $50 non-refundable deposit. Payment is due at registration.
Included with Registration
- Lunch and snacks
- Instruction of all sessions
- Building materials and tools
Space is limited to 27 students; register early to guarantee your spot. Once the camp is full, students may still be added to the waitlist and will be notified if a spot opens. If you start registering and receive a notification the camp is full, please email Jeana.Delamarter@ucdenver.edu to be added to the waitlist.
Three scholarships are available to cover the full cost of registration, including one generously sponsored by TreanorHL. Students will be selected based on financial need. To apply, please send an email to Jeana.Delamarter@ucdenver.edu with the following information:
- Full name
- Current address
- Indicate whether you are a DACA or ASSET student, or if you would be a First-Generation college student
- In 300 words or less, please describe your background and financial need and how you will benefit from attending the Architecture
in the City Camp
Scholarship Deadline: June 1, 2022
All applicants will be notified of their award status by June 15, 2022.