CAP Career FairFeb 1, 2021
Are you ready for the Career Fair?!
The CAP Career Fair will be held remotely this year through HANDSHAKE on February 19, from 10:00 am-2:00 pm. Employer registration opened last week and firms can register for the event until February 12. Below you’ll find details about the format and recommendations on how to best prepare for the event.
Handshake/Career Fair Q+A Session:
Wednesday, February 3, 4:00 pm. Zoom Link https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/7064293041
- You must REGISTER for the CAP Career Fair on Handshake in order to participate.
- Use your CU Denver credentials to log into Handshake. All students have access.
- Please do not sign up for more than (5) 1:1 interviews until everyone has a chance to register. We will notify you if there are additional interview times allowed.
- Employers want to see our work! They can search student profiles in Handshake and invite YOU for an interview. Make sure your profile is complete and up to date, which includes adding your resume and portfolio to your profile.
- Firms can schedule group information sessions and/or 1:1 interviews. Each employer sets its own schedule so there will NOT be consistency between formats. Some firms may not offer interviews but you should still attend their events so you can learn about their work and culture.
Preparation for the Career Fair:
- Revise your portfolio and resume to reflect your recent and best work. Upload these documents to your Handshake profile.
- Update your Handshake profile, completing ALL sections, including your portfolio if your search requires one.
- Frequently check the CAP Career Fair listing on Handshake, as employers can register up until February 12th.
- Research the firms in advance of the fair so you can make informed decisions about which sessions to attend.
- You want to present as professionally as possible, so please work on these in advance of the Career Fair.
- Solicit feedback on your portfolio from your peers/faculty/etc.
- Watch for Peer Critique sessions leading up to the fair. All sessions will be posted to the calendar on the CAP website.
Please contact Rachel Brown with any questions.